OCTIEF operates NATA accredited laboratories servicing a wide range of industrial, environmental and occupational testing requirements.
OCTIEF is the first, and currently only, laboratory that provides NATA accredited analysis for all six asbestos fibre types in bulk samples – Chrysotile, Crocidolite, Amosite, Actinolite, Anthophyllite, Tremolite.
OCTIEF can also assist in distinguishing between non-friable asbestos cement type boards and friable asbestos insulating type boards (including low density asbestos fibre board (LDB)) with our Asbestos Water Absorption (Friability Test). This is useful, as from 1st May 2021 WorkSafe QLD have confirmed that low density asbestos fibre board (LDB), also known as asbestos insulating board, will be classified as a friable material in all circumstances. This means it can only legally be removed by a class A asbestos removal licence holder. If you’re unsure on whether an in-situ material is a non-friable asbestos cement type board or a friable asbestos insulating type board we can help!
Please follow the links to download our Chain of Custody/Sample Submission Forms. For further information call us on 1800 628 433 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- DIY Asbestos Sampling Guidance
- Asbestos Bulk Identification
- Asbestos Water Absorption (Friability Test – asbestos cement and insulating type boards only)
- Asbestos Fibre Count Analysis
- Asbestos in Soil – AS 4964 / NEPM / WA Guidelines
- Inhalable and Respirable Dust – (Gravimetric & FTIR)
- Lead in paint / other coating materials
- Welding Fumes
- Metals – Paint/Air Filter/Dust Wipe
- Supply of pre-weighed filters, cassettes, and cyclones (contact us for pricing)
- Soils – Acid Sulphate Soils; Metals; pH; Electrical Conductivity; Nutrients; Aggressivity
- Waters – Metals; pH; Electrical Conductivity; Various Other Suites and Individual Tests (Potable Water; Ground Water; Wastewater; Drinking Water; Sediment Water; Nutrient; Microbiology; Aggressivity)
- Measurement Uncertainty (MU) data for OCTIEF Laboratory is available here