Comments : 0
The OCTIEF Consulting Group was this month awarded the Cox Peninsula Rehabilitation Project by the Commonwealth Government… The project is a complex remediation project managed by the Department of Finance in conjunction with United Group Process Solutions.
The Cox Peninsula site is over 3000 hectares in size and is located approximately 150km to the far north of Darwin. The project involves a detailed contaminated land assessment, and based on the findings, the complete remediation of the site.
OCTIEF Pty LIMITED tendered on the project in conjunction with G & K Akers Contracting and AE Shaw & Associates and was formally awarded the project by United Group on the 5th of July 2010. Our involvement over the following months will include but not be limited to the following:
- The implementation of a full scale NATA accredited field laboratory;
- Detailed hazardous materials assessments of various facilities;
- The development and implementation of an Environmental Management Plan (EMP);
- The development and implementation of a Health and Safety Plan (HASP);
- Implementation of a scaled occupational and environmental air monitoring program;
- Sampling and analysis of a wide range of potential contaminants;
- Supervision of deep excavation, demolition, demobilisation and field works;
- Surveys of areas for UXO’s;
- Electromagnetic sub-surface surveying for ferros and non-ferrous metals;
- Development of a Site Rehabilitation Plan (SRP);
- Implementation and supervision of a rehabilitation program;
- Training of the local Kenbi Aboriginal people; and
- Risk communication programs.
We look forward to delivering another project in a timely and cost effective manner.