Comments : 0
Hazardous materials removal workers identify, remove, package, transport, and dispose of asbestos. These professional workers often respond to emergencies where harmful substances are present such as asbestos, and are sometimes called remediation or decontamination specialists. Increased public awareness and Federal and State regulations are resulting in the removal of hazardous materials from buildings, facilities, and the environment to prevent contamination of natural resources and to promote public health and safety.
Asbestos monitoring is about measuring the concentration of fibers in the air of all places where asbestos has been observed in order to assess health and safety risks. Asbestos monitoring is also conducted before, during and after removal of asbestos-containing materials. It is crucial to also control the exposure to similar products like respirable crystalline silica and man-made mineral fibers, also considered occupational hazards.
Asbestos management Expertise:
- Air monitoring of asbestos
- Design of asbestos management plans
- Identification of asbestos in materials
- Inspection of building and technical installations
- Monitoring of crystalline silica
- Monitoring of man-made mineral fibers
- Survey of asbestos materials in buildings